Let’s Talk: Community evacuation plans and safety during natural disasters with the SES
Join local SES and Council representatives for an evening to review community evacuation plans and how to prepare for natural disasters.
Tuesday 7 May, 5.30-7pm
The Swansea Centre, 228 Pacific Highway, Swansea
The presentation will include information about forming effective community evacuation plans, proactive safety actions during natural disasters and the process to develop a Community Action Team for Swansea and surrounding areas with presentations from SES and Council. Each forum will provide a Q&A session with the presenters.
The forum will focus on
· Hazards affecting our local community – storms, floods, tsunamis, access during evacuation;
· Personal safety and asset protection measures at home or work;
· Home evacuation plans, safety tips and kits - when and who to call;
· Businesses – evacuation plans and business continuity plans;
· What to do and where to go during an evacuation event;
· Community Action Team (CAT)
· Q&A with the audience
No need to RSVP, light refreshments will be provided.
Join us on Monday 13 May, for the next Let’s Talk session: Understanding the Probabilistic Hazard and Damages Assessment for Pelican, Blacksmiths and Swansea with Dr David Wainwright