Pausing drop-in sessions and update on the Reference Group EOI selection process
Drop-in sessions have been running weekly in Wyee on Thursdays since 18 March, with up to eight attendees at some sessions.
We will continue running drop-ins until the end of June and pause through July and August as attendance numbers have dropped with the start of Winter. We’ll re-commence drop-ins and other landowner meetings after we finalise the cost estimates we are working on.
We have appreciated the time to talk with many landowners over this time and we’ve heard your concerns about the current issues within the subdivision. Some of the common questions at these sessions have been on the cost and how landowners will pay for the essential services. We are working on finalising these costs for essential services and the Development Plan and we will provide a final figure once we have this confirmed.
If you would like more information, please call or email Kirsty to chat or view our FAQs on this topic.
If you haven’t had the chance to attend a drop-in session yet, please come along to the next sessions which will be held on Thursday 17 and Thursday 24 June, between 10am and 2pm at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, 20 Gorokan Road, Wyee.
We will continue to explore other ways of contacting other people we haven’t spoken to yet to ensure all landowners understand the Development Plan process and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Selection process for new Reference Group members
We have had interest from eight applicants so far to join the Reference Group. If you’d like to submit an EOI to join the Group you can do so on our website until Thursday 1 July, 2021.
Here's some information about how the selection process will work:
- Once EOI submissions have closed, Council staff will undertake an initial assessment of the applications and create a shortlist of eligible candidates using the selection criteria.
- At the next Reference Group meeting, Kirsty will present the full list of applicants to the group to discuss how their applications were assessed, who was shortlisted and why. The minutes of this meeting will be published on this website.
- We will then use the selection criteria as a group to determine the three successful candidates. Phone calls to these candidates may occur at this point to clarify any final details before membership is offered.
- Once the successful candidates have accepted their membership, we will let the other candidates know that their application was not successful.
- Should any candidates decline membership, we will offer Reference Group membership to the next eligible candidate.
- Once membership has been filled, we will notify all landowners and update our Terms of Reference to include new Reference Group members.
If you have any questions or concerns about the process we intend to use for assessing these EOIs, please let us know.
As usual, Reference Group meetings will continue on the first Thursday of the month. You can view minutes from the June Reference Group meeting here.
Don’t hesitate to get in contact for further updates, at any time. Contact Kirsty on: email@example.com or 0436 912 229.