- The largest flood event recorded in Dora Creek occurred on March 1977, followed by the June 2007 long weekend, however larger events are possible
- Blockages within culverts and bridges have the potential to significantly impact the functioning and capacity of Dora Creek during flood events
- Up to 154 buildings are expected to be affected by over-floor flooding in a 1-in-100 year flood. This is 37 fewer buildings than were identified as affected in the previous (1986) Dora Creek Flood Study
- Most of these properties are on Dora Street, while a smaller proportion of affected properties are in Stingaree Point Drive and Cowell Street
- Flood modification options that have been considered to reduce the impact of flooding on properties include onsite detention, levees and floodways
- Property modification options such as development controls have been suggested to manage flood risk
- Flood response options suggested include an improved early warning system and education to raise awareness of flooding and encourage residents and visitors to prepare for flood emergencies.
Consultation has concluded